Certified Pediatric Neuropsychologists In Louisiana Return to State AAPdN Directory
Joseph J. Sesta, Ph.D., M.P.
Suncoast Neuropsychology, LLC
6555 Perkins Rd, Suite 500
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Education & Clinical Training:
· College: Stetson University, Bachelor of Science in Psychology (cum laude).
· Doctoral: Drexel University, Master of Science & Ph.D. in Clinical Neuropsychology
· Postdoctoral: Nova Southeastern University, Master of Science in Clinical Psychopharmacology
· Internship: Florida State Hospital, Forensic Service (APA-accredited)
· Residency: Florida State Hospital, Forensic Service
· Residency: Health South Rehabilitation Hospital, Brain Injury Unit, Montgomery, AL
· Fellowship: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Department of Neurology
Licensure & Board Certification:
· Licensed Psychologist (FL Board of Psychology)
· Licensed Medical Psychologist (LA State Board of Medicine)
· Board Certified in Neuropsychology, American Board of Professional Neuropsychology
· Board Certified in Pediatric Neuropsychology, American Board of Pediatric Neuropsychology
· Board Certified in Medical Psychology, American Board of Medical Psychology
· Added Qualifications in Forensic Neuropsychology, American Board of Professional Neuropsychology
· Controlled Dangerous Substances License (LA)
Additional Certifications & Qualifications:
· Certificate of Professional Qualification, Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards
· National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
· DEA Registered
· Dr. Sesta is the Managing Partner of Suncoast Neuropsychology LLC, a specialty practice in Clinical & Forensic Neuropsychology and Clinical Psychopharmacology focusing on adult and pediatric neurological disease and traumatic brain injury.
· Clinical services provided include: state of the art neuropsychological assessment & diagnosis, psychological assessment, dementia screening and comprehensive assessment, intellectual assessment, AD/HD screening, symptom validity testing and psychopharmacology consultation.
· Forensic services include: neuropsychological IME, criminal forensic psychological assessment of trial competency, mental state at time of offense (sanity), mitigation, death penalty appeals, sexually violent predator (SVP) evaluations, and experienced expert witness testimony (130+ trials) in 14 judicial circuits statewide (FL).
· Dr. Sesta is currently a civilian contractor with the Department of Defense, working at Reynolds Army Community Hospital (RACH), Department of Behavioral Health in Fort Sill, OK, where he holds medical staff privileges in Neuropsychology, Clinical Psychology & Psychopharmacology with prescriptive authority. Dr. Sesta divides his time between the Community Behavioral Health Service (CBHS) and RACH.
· Fellow, American College of Professional Neuropsychology
· Fellow, American Academy of Pediatric Neuropsychology
· Fellow, Academy of Medical Psychology
· National Academy of Neuropsychology
· International Neuropsychological Society