Certified Pediatric Neuropsychologists In California
Grace A. Mucci, Ph.D., ABPdN
5855 E. Naples Plaza, Suite 203
Long Beach, CA 90803
20 Newport Center Drive, Suite 300
Newport Beach, CA 90740
(949) 478-4503 Office
(562) 856-6004 Fax
CHOC Children’s Hospital
1201 West La Veta Avenue
Orange, CA 92868
(714) 509-8481 Office
Dr. Mucci has over 20 years-experience in the assessment and treatment of children with chronic illnesses, developmental disabilities, and mental health conditions. She is currently on medical staff at CHOC Children’s Hospital where she is the clinical liaison to CHOC Children’s Hyundai Cancer Center. In addition to clinical activities, Dr. Mucci is involved in supervising of psychology interns and post-doctoral fellows, as well as several research projects involving the neurocognitive effects of cancer and epilepsy, as well as other chronic conditions that affect the central nervous system. Dr. Mucci also has a private practice with offices in Long Beach and Newport Beach.
Dr. Mucci is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatric Neuropsychology, where she is currently serving as President, and is also listed in the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology. She is a member of the American Psychological Association, National Academy of Neuropsychology, and Children’s Oncology Group. Dr. Mucci is an Associate Editor – Pediatric Grand Rounds of the Journal of Pediatric Neuropsychology.
California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant University, Ph.D., Clinical Psychology - 1995
California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant University, M.S., Clinical
Psychopharmacology - 2012
CHOC Children’s Hospital, 1993-1994, APA-Accredited Internship
CHOC Children’s Hospital, Advanced Internship, and Post-Doctoral Fellowship, 19941996
Neurobehavioral Clinic and Counseling Center, Post-Doctoral Fellowship, 1995-1997
Research and Publications:
• Modi, A., Junger, K., Mara, C., Kellermann, T., Barrett, L., Wagner, J., Mucci, G.,
Bailey, L., Almane, D., Guilfoyle, S., Urso, L., Hater, B., Hustzi, H., Smith, G.,
Herrmann, B., Perry, M., Zupanc, M. and Varni, J. (2017). Validation of the PedsQL
Epilepsy Module: A pediatric epilepsy-specific health-related quality of life measure. Epilepsia. doi:10.1111/epi.13875
• Mucci, G., Lesyshyn, R., Grossman, L., Saiz, A., DeLuco, T., & Shen, W. (2017). Pediatric medulloblastoma: a case of recurrent disease and resiliency. Journal of Pediatric Neuropsychology, doi:10.1007/s40817-017-0032-5
• Veenstra, A., Riley, J., Barrett, L., Muhonen, M., Zupanc, M., Romain, J., Lin, J., & Mucci, G. (2016). The impact of bilingualism on working memory in pediatric epilepsy. Epilepsy and Behavior, 55, pp. 6-10.
• Stiles, A. R., Venturoni, L., Mucci, G., Elbalalesy, N., Woontner, M., Goodman, S., & Abdenur, J. E. (2015). New Cases of DHTKD1 Mutations in Patients with 2Ketoadipic Aciduria. JIMD Reports.
• Mucci, G. & Torno, L. (Eds.) (2015). Handbook of Long Term Care of the Childhood Cancer Survivor. Edited Publication. New York: Springer.